Blacksburg, VA 24060
To obtain a challenging position as a Software Engineer allowing for personal growth and professional development.
Senior Software Engineer, Sungard, Blacksburg, VA
March 2007 - Present
- Developed/supported ASP.Net based management/monitoring tools for forms processing system (FormWorks Navigator).
- Developed/supported a Windows service which manages distributed work-flow tasks for FormWorks (FormWorks Agent)
- Manage and maintain the continuous integration system based on CruiseControl.Net.
- Designed & Developed prototype OCR web service and small silverlight client to demo it
- Created a light weight job manager and scheduler to the FormWorks agent component.
- Developed the backend for a browser based keying/validation solution.
- Joined an existing group and and helped them reach their product release milestone in 8 months
Senior Software Engineer, Honeywell/POMS corporation, Blacksburg, VA
June 1995 - March 2007
- Designed and developed various software components for an MES system geared toward the pharmaceutical industry.
- Designed and developed a report generation/printing system using XML/XSL-FO as the engine for generation of PDF reports.
- Helped design and code a web based MES solution.
- Lead the team responsible for integration with plant floor controllers using serial communications and OPC technology.
- Projects have a high degree of integration with several components. This forced us to work as a team to ensure that changes were coordinated in various components of the product.
- Developed Database backed web front applications using the Microsoft .NET framework (ASP.NET)
- Developed software to communicate with and control plant floor devices through the OPC standard.
- Built an IDE for a custom language including GUI layout tool
- Implemented a serial communications layer which served as the basis for Scale reading and control
Computer Instructor, Future Kids, McLean, VA
June 1993-September 1994
BS Computer Science 1995
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- I have worked extensively with both C and C++ under a variety of operating environments, including Windows, several flavors of UNIX, and even OS/2 once upon a time. I am familiar and comfortable with both the Microsoft Visual Studio tools and the standard GNU development tools (gcc, gdb, make, etc.)
- C# and the .NET framework on both Microsoft and the Mono platforms
- Used XML, XSL, XSL-FO technologies for the purpose of report generation
- Used XML, XSL technologies for the configuration/migration of data
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- PHP web development
- Unit test development and automation using NUnit.
- Administered machines running Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Installed and maintained Apache and IIS web servers.
- Installed and maintained SqlServer, Postgresql, Mysql, and Oracle Databases.